This is an overview of episodes 24 to 49 in the series, 7 Days to Die.
The new season starts due to the Alpha 9 update. After a year of separation, Emre and Aaron coincidentally meet in a little town and decide to make up and travel together again. They eventually settle at what they call "Ho Motel" in the desert but events take several turns for the worse. The season ends with a strange Thanksgiving celebration.
Season 2 Death Count Edit
- Broken Legs:
More than mere numbers can count.
Aaron - Mad Scientist
- Started the zombie apocalypse
Emre - Religious Zealot
- Slapped a girl named Grace for kicking him in the balls and throwing a water balloon at him
- A simple base built atop the Ho Motel, accessible only by a single ladder. Aaron and Emre carve rooms for themselves out of the roof's raised clay shingles.
- Hotel's swimming pool is used as an emergency escape route.
- Includes Bee Death Boulevard, a roof/bridge over a central walk that forces bees to fight Aaron and Emre at eye-level. The floor of Bee Death Boulevard becomes dangerously structurally unsound.
- Overrun repeatedly due to Aaron and Emre forgetting to block the ladder up.
- Zombies pounding at the lower floors destroys the structural integrity of the roof, causing Aaron to fall through the roof several times. Because of this, Aaron and Emre eventually abandon the roof, moving to the Ho Motel Hole.
Ho Motel Hole (a.k.a. the Death Pit, a.k.a. the Mo Hotel) Edit
- A deep pit beneath the Ho Motel, accessible only via a single ladder. Aaron and Emre play with calling it the Mole Motel, Mo Motel, or Mo Hotel.
- Invaded and badly damaged by zombies because Aaron and Emre forget to block the ladder leading down.
- Eventually includes separate quarters for Aaron and Emre. Aaron's room features a hot tub; Emre's quarters open into a winding, aimless maze of tunnels.
- "Oh yeah, cowboy hat! My troubles are over!" - Emre "Just because you found a cowboy hat?" - Aaron "Yeah. Cowboys never die during the zombie apocalypse. It's a law. It's a rule. Cowboys are too cool." - Emre "I hear cowboys get AIDS a lot." - Aaron (Episode 25 - Undead Pool Party)
- "Did we search this whole hotel? 'Cause, y'know, there might be more guns." - Aaron "Pretty sure I searched the ho- whole hotel." - Emre "You searched the ho-hotel? 'Cause, did you find any hoes?" - Aaron (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- "Hi, my name's Emre, today I'm fryin' up a nice rabbit fritter. All ya need is some rabbit an' some motor oil. Pour some motor oil on there an' ya got real tasty, greasy rabbit." - Aaron "I told you I don't actually talk like that." - Emre "Oh, but for the cooking show you would have to." - Aaron (Episode 27 - Dear Penthouse Suites)
- "We're gonna be really good friends now, so this will be the good old days! Right?" - Aaron "We're going to be like Thelma and Louise!" - Emre "Yeah! We're gonna be the best of friends, even off of a cliff." - Aaron "...Right." - Emre (Episode 27 - Dear Penthouse Suites)
- "Do you think the zombies are ever going to get up here? Do we ever really need to worry about that?" - Aaron "Probably not. I don't see why they would." - Emre, portentiously (Episode 28, Roof Nips)
- "Oh Jesus! Oh, Jesus, help me! Befriend me on Facebook, Jesus! Jesus, I need you to befriend me on Facebook and protect me from this bee!" - Aaron "Shut up! Shut up! Just kill the bee! Kill it!" - Emre (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- "Fuck you bee! Fuck! You! Auugggh!" - Emre "Hey, what the fuck happened?!?' - Aaron "Fuckin' died to that bee, 'cause they only attack me!!!" - Emre "That is incredibly amusing. I can't even tell you." - Aaron (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- "I have about thirty zombies on my ass right now, and you're telling me you can't get out of a hole?!?" - Aaron (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- "If it makes you happy to stay here, then I'm totally down with it." - Aaron "Yeah, let's stay here for now." - Emre "Oh Christ Almighty, what the fuck?!? Where did she come from?!?" - Aaron "What?!? What?!?" - Emre "Oh, my God! Help!" - Aaron "What the fuck is happening?!?" - Emre "Hooo-lee Christ!" - Aaron "There's so many! There are so fucking many of them! Okay! Jump in the pool! Jump in the pool! Jump in the pool! Jump in the pool!" - Emre "I can't! I can't! I - I-" - Aaron "Ahhhhhh!" -Emre "-I don't know which side the pool is on!" - Aaron "Oh! God! Oh! I jumped in the pool! I jumped in the pool! How the fuck do you get out of this pool?" - Emre (Episode 32 - Insane Pool Jump)
- "God damn it, I wish we had a fucking bomb! All right, okay - we can break that rule. You can make bombs now. Okay?" - Emre "Okay, thanks. Well, it wasn't a rule anyway, but that's fine." - Aaron (Episode 32 - Insane Pool Jump)
- "I was on the ladder! And then they were like, 'Oh! No, you slipped! And dead!'" - Aaron "Yeah, that's kinda what happened to me. Is your leg broken now?" - Emre "Yeah, it was - wait, was it broken? Yeah, it was already broken. My leg is always broken. It's in a permanent state of being broken." - Aaron (Episode 33 - Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs)
- "I'm going for the other crate." - Emre "Do whatever makes you happy." - Aaron "Nothing makes me happy in this hellish Hell world... of Hell." - Emre (Episode 33 - Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs)
- "Why do I feel like this the last time I'm ever going to look at my room?" - Aaron "'Cause you're finally seeing reason? We should not stay here! This place is Hell!" - Emre (Episode 34 - 7th Day Horde)
- "Our hotel is not in good shape right now, I'm just going to throw that out there. Believe it or not." - Aaron "Say that again." - Emre "Yeah." - Aaron "No, seriously, say it again. Say it one more time." - Emre "Our hotel is not in good shape. The Ho Motel is not in good shape." - Aaron "Ohhh! Yeah. Thank you, thank you; I love the way that you say that." - Emre (Episode 35 - Home Sweet Hole)
- "Collecting our bags is more dangerous than anything we've done today." - Aaron "Yeah. Our whole life is full of danger. We traded surviving the zombie apocalypse to living in a mine. Which is also extremely dangerous." - Emre (Episode 35 - Home Sweet Hole)
- "Oh, yeah. This is going to be so safe. Never again will I be falling through a goddamn roof and breaking my leg." - Aaron "Right! 'Cause there's nowhere to fall! There's nowhere to go! If the place that we're in gets compromised, we're fucked!" - Emre "Uh. Well, that's a good point." - Aaron (Episode 35 - Home Sweet Hole)
- (To a zombie) "Hey! Hey! Excuse me sir, you're dead! Hey! You can't go in there. This building is condemned. Yep; sorry." - Aaron "We're fuckin' condemned." - Emre "We are condemned." - Aaron (Episode 38 - Trapped in the City)
- "I prefer the douche bag version of you than the little whiny bitch version of you." - Emre (Episode 41 - Songs in Bee Minor)
- "Dude! Behind you! Dog! Dude! Dog! Dude! Dog! Dude! Dude. Dude? Dude. Dog." - Aaron "Dude. Dude." - Emre "Dog." - Aaron (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- "Aw, all kinds of books. I'm not excited about that. I need to make some room in my intercourse. I mean, my..." - Aaron "What?" - Emre "...inventory. Sorry. Heh, heh heh." - Aaron "Man. A one-track mind..." - Emre (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- "These zombies, sometimes, y'know, sometimes they're actually kind of entertaining. When they're not-" - Aaron "-Sometimes I feel like the zombie apocalypse was worth it!" - Emre "Uh... well... I guess I wouldn't go quite that far." - Aaron (Episode 43 - Slapstick Zombedy)
- "Ninety-nine dead zombie dogs/Floating in the summer sky" - Emre "A vomiter is vomiting/All over the parking garage" - Aaron (Episode 43 - Slapstick Zombedy)
- "I'm bleeding out." - Aaron "You don't have any bandages?" - Emre "I'm out of stamina. I do have some bandages. But you know what I don't have? Your love." - Aaron "YOU NEVER WILL!!! You never fucking will!" - Emre (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- "Why couldn't I have found an architect? Why did I have to find a weird, crazy scientist like you? Knows nothing about interior design, or how to set up traps... you're basically worthless." - Emre (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- (On the topic of mining) "Oh, yeah... Mmm... Fuckin' shovel that dirt... Oh... God damn... I'm like a fat guy at an all-you-can-eat buffet... and the shovel's my spoon... and the dirt's my fudgy brownies... and chocolate puddin'. Mmm." - Emre "Uh, I'd prefer if you didn't talk about your 'fudgy brownies' ever again." - Aaron "My figgy puddin'." - Emre "I think you enjoy that a little too much." - Aaron (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- "Why is a hot tub sinful?" - Aaron "'Cause I know what you're going to do in that hot tub, I just know it. You're going to go in there, and you're gonna, like, masturbate, and have sex with pies-" - Emre "-Okay-" - Aaron "-and do all sorts of horrible things in there-" - Emre "-That's disgusting." - Aaron "It's gonna be your little den of filth and debauchery." - Emre "No." - Aaron "That's what that's gonna be." - Emre "No. It's not going to be anything like that. Why would I use my hot tub for that... when I can do that anywhere?" - Aaron (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- "I just kinda went Rambo all up on these bitches. Like a holy Rambo. Like if Rambo and Jesus had consensual gay sex, then, since Jesus is God, produced a child. And then that child grew up to have a gun. And that child was me." - Emre "I'm pretty sure that what you just said is not something that people like you would find acceptable." - Aaron "No, no, it's fine, man." - Emre "I really don't think so." - Aaron "You're not allowed to tell me what I might find acceptable." - Emre (Episode 47 - Midnight at Death Lake)
- "It feels really really nice to stick your dick in a beard." - Emre "Ahh, does it? I wouldn't know, I wouldn't know." - Aaron "I'm just guessing, I mean, I dunno..." - Emre (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- "I don't want to get too far ahead of you." - Emre "Good point." - Aaron "Because whatever the surprise is waiting at home, I want to quickly be able to turn around and kill you. When I see you. And not have to, like, y'know, wait." - Emre (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- "Dude, this isn't a hot tub! It's like a fuckin' drowning pit! It's where you take your enemies when you want them to disappear!" - Emre "A drowning pit, I like that." - Aaron (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- The Prophecy of Faceless Emre: "This is the story of Emre. He found a town on the outskirts, a ruined town, that was all blasted and black. One of them towns where nobody lives any more 'cause they was all killed by something. He stumbled upon this town and instead of fleeing in fright, he... he stayed there. They found bits of him years later. Seven- seventeen miles from where his body was found, they found... they found his pickaxe. How that happened, nobody understands." - Aaron "All right, quiet, you. Quiet! So far, so good. No problems yet." - Emre "But they never found his face. His face was gone missing from his body. Maybe inside of a zombie's tummy or something. Nobody ever found it." - Aaron "And then one day, many years later, he came back... a hero." - Emre "With no face." - Aaron "Well, yeah, he didn't have a face, but he didn't need it because he had welded an iron mask onto his bod-OH FUCK!!! Uh oh! Bah, there they are! Zombies!" (Episode 47 - Midnight at Death Lake)
Recurring Themes Edit
- Aaron the Bunker Booster, Part 1: Aaron refuses to abandon the crumbling Ho Motel, even after hordes of zombies have destroyed its structural integrity and sent him plunging several stories into a mob of undead. He makes plans to reinforce the load-bearing pillars and seal off access to the upper floors. (Aaron's refusal to abandon the property is also tied to his shattered legs.) (Episode 31 - Roof Collapse)
- Part 2: Aaron invents a hidden ladder that can only be climbed if completely encased in stone. "It's a technique that I've refined. I'm a bit of a hobbyist architect." (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit)
- Part 3: As soon as Aaron finds a blueberry pie, he imagines building a hot tub in the base so that he, Emre, and their pies can sit around, "all sweaty and excited." (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- Aaron the Bunker Buster, Part 1: In return for getting back together, Emre makes Aaron promise not to destroy any house that they're in. "That really kinda grinds my gears." Aaron claims that he blows things up to relieve his sexual frustration. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: Aaron makes plans to detonate the Ho Motel hole in Episode 48 (Dynamite Decor), but ultimately zombies are to blame for the vast majority of structural damage caused over the course of the season.
- Part 3: Moments after checking out Emre's new quarters for the first time, Aaron starts crafting gunpowder charges while amiably talking about making a hot tub. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 4: Aaron reacts to a lengthy, menacing tirade from Emre by sighing quietly and planting TNT around Emre's room in the Ho Motel hole/ He tells Emre only that he has some "gifts" waiting for him when he comes home. (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Part 5: When Emre sees that Aaron has planted TNT all around his quarters in the Ho Motel hole, he reacts with total acceptance, which leaves Aaron confused and somewhat unnerved. (Emre credits his vision quest, and the imminent arrival of Thanksgiving, for his newly forgiving attitude.) (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- Aaron the Creeper, Part 1: Aaron continues to pressure Emre for sex, starting on their very first night back together. Aaron insists it has nothing to do with sexual preference; he just needs sex. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: Aaron goes in for kisses, leading to a discussion of the radius of Emre's "personal bubble." He does trick Emre into momentarily agreeing to nightly intercourse. (Episode 25 - Undead Pool Party)
- Part 3: Aaron is rather smugly proud of himself for having never taken any nude selfies back when cameras still existed. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 4: Aaron wishes Emre was a woman so that there would at least be a chance of their having sex. (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 5: Aaron admits that sometimes he just doesn't think, blaming his distracted mental state on his lack of sex. He disagrees with Emre's assumption that he specifcially craves sex with Emre, however, seeing a blueberry pie as a superior substitute. (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- Part 6: Aaron rolls his pie-lust straight into hitting on Emre again. He comes over to Emre's place to "give you my meat to celebrate." He means this in a totally nice and innocent, totally nonsexual way. Unless Emre wants that. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 7: When Aaron bizarrely transforms into a woman, Emre quickly starts hitting on him (or at least, speaking extremely inappropriately toward him). The moment Emre actually becomes sexually interested, Aaron is repulsed by his advances. (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- Part 8: With Aaron still appearing to be female, he suddenly finds Emre's interest in having anal sex with him perverted. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Aaron the Gender Bender, Part 1: Aaron inexplicably turns female in Episode 48 (Dynamite Decor). Aaron is oblivious to the change at first, but when he meets up with Emre, Emre's shocked reaction ("Holy fuck-tits, you look weird!") tips him off. Emre initially assumes he must be hallucinating, but eventually both he and Aaron realize that Aaron has indeed physically transformed into a "weird scarecrow person."
- Part 2: Aaron remains female (and distorted-looking) through the Thanksgiving feast. The fact that Aaron now has "a badonkadonk and a pair of juggy-jugs" makes his sexual overtures slightly more appealing to Emre, but Emre still turns him down. For his part, Aaron insists that he is has not changed, and whatever Emre is seeing is the result of a drug-induced hallucinations from his Indian vision quest. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Aaron the Prankster, Part 1: Aaron attempts to establish the fun "tradition" of hitting Emre in the face with a claw hammer whenever he comes home. Emre agrees only on the grounds that each time Aaron hits him, he gets to shoot Aaron in the face with a shotgun. Aaron relents, grumbling. (Episode 40 - Hammer to the Face)
- Part 2: After finally clearing out the disastrous Day 14 horde, Aaron suggests relieving the tension with a hammer to Emre's face. Emre keeps him at bay with a shotgun, angrily informing him that his hammer-to-the-face tradition is "easily the dumbest thing you've ever said. Easily." (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- Aaron the Proper Host, Part 1: Aaron hopes to fix up the desert motel he and Emre have found and someday rent rooms to other survivors. Alongside naming the Ho Motel, he often speaks to zombies roaming on the property as a hotelier would address guests, announcing rental rates and pool hours.
- Part 2: When Aaron comes over to give Emre his meat, he insists on knocking on Emre's door and waiting to be formally invited in. He insists upon the same courtesy in turn (including a meat offering) before allowing Emre into his own quarters. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 3: Aaron still insists on the proper courtesies throughout their Thanksgiving Day feast, even while secretly planning to poison Emre and himself in an act of murder-suicide. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Aaron vs. Gravity, Part 1: After two nights of zombie-inflicted sabotage, the Ho Motel's roof suddenly collapses under Aaron and Emre's feet. Emre escapes danger, but Aaron plunges two stories into the zombie-infested hotel, breaking his leg and sending him into a gibbering panic. When he tries to patch the hole, the roof collapse expands under his weight, dumping him into a mob of zombies yet again. (Episode 31 - Roof Collapse)
- Part 2: Aaron tries to get "clever" while climbing the ladder to the roof, resulting in his third or fourth broken leg of the day. That night, when the roof is overrun by zombies, Emre makes a mad dash and jumps off the roof, landing safely in the pool. Hobbling along on broken legs, Aaron tries follows him but doesn't clear the jump. (Episode 32 - Insane Pool Jump)
- Part 3: Aaron climbs down into the death pit under the Ho Motel to mine, but fails to notice that the ladder doesn't reach the bottom. He zips past the end of the ladder, falls, and breaks his leg. He falls off the ladder and breaks his leg again on his way back out. (Episode 33 - Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs)
- Part 4: The Ho Motel roof collapses again on Night 7. Sharp-eyed viewers can spot the floor of Bee Death Boulevard collapsing under Emre, who sidesteps the threat by pure, oblivious luck. When Aaron spots the hole, he pauses to draw Emre's attention to it and the roof collapses under his feet, dumping him three stories into the thick of a feral horde. This is arguably Aaron's most terrifying fall to date in the series. (Episode 34 - 7th Day Horde)
- Part 5: Aaron gets his revenge on gravity when he watches a zombie coming for him suddenly and unexpectedly collapse through a parking garage floor. He loves the moment so much he puts it on instant replay. (Episode 43 - Slapstick Zombedy)
- Aaron vs. Hallucinations, Part 1: Aaron sees dead zombies glitch out, flying into the sky and freezing in horribly distorted, Salvador Dali-esque shapes. Emre just sees Aaron staring at thin air and babbling to himself. Aaron blames food poisoning from bad chicken for the hallucinations; Emre suggests blood loss might be the culprit. (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- Part 2: When Emre discovers a nurse has materialized inside a solid wall, he demands to know how that's happening. "It's not," replies Aaron. "I'm pretty sure we're drugged or something." (Episode 31 - Roof Collapse)
- Part 3: Emre hallucinates for once, attacking a dead zombie he sees as still alive until he breaks the ladder out of their base. Aaron looks on incredulously. (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit)
- Part 4: While fighting for his life in the city, Aaron fights one zombie that appears to teleport; the killing blow he lands on the next zombie to attack him sends the corpse flying across the street. Aaron declares that he's developed superhuman powers; Emre proposes that he's high on acid again. They agree that when Aaron gets stressed, he starts seeing things. (Episode 39 - Forced to Jump)
- Part 5: Aaron freaks out when he shoots a pair of zombies and their contorting corpses fly up and out of sight through the ceiling. He blames food poisoning from tainted venison stew. (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- Emre Ain't Afraid of No Zombies, Part 1: "I no longer am afraid to walk out into the wilderness. Because we have walked through the valley of the shadow of death together, and come out, unscathed. ...For the most part." Moments later: "Oh, my God!!! It's a horde!!!" - Emre (Episode 39 - Forced to Jump)
- Part 2: Emre chooses to abandon his makeshift camp in the middle of the night, literally jumping into the darkness, shotgunning whatever comes charging at him, and detonating a neighboring gas station, just to drown out the sounds of Aaron seducing blueberry pies back at the Ho Motel. (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Part 3: After wiping out a mob of zombies and depicting himself as the son of Jesus and Rambo, Emre feels "dangerous" and chooses to go on an overnight "Indian vision quest," purposefully forgoing shelter and taking on all comers. Remarkably, he survives. "Maybe I'm changing. Maybe the zombie apocalypse is changing me." - Emre "Really?" - Aaron "Maybe. Who knows. Never thought I'd jump out in the middle of the road. Middle of the night, with a shotgun, and just, like, blow apart forty zombies in a row. With no thought as to my own personal safety." - Emre (Episode 47 - Midnight at Death Lake)
- Em RE. Coyote: Emre accidentally falls through the Ho Motel roof in the exact same spot that Aaron had fallen through. Miraculously, he lands in water pooling around the lobby's broken fountain, safely breaking his fall. (Episode 34 - 7th Day Horde)
- Emre the Bleeder, Part 1: Emre is wounded by a zombie, notices that he's bleeding, starts to bandage himself, and then flakes out and drinks yucca juice instead. He's nearly dead by the time he realizes he's still bleeding. (Episode 27 - Dear Penthouse Suites)
- Part 2: Emre actually does get bitten by an invisible dog in Episode 42 (Blueberry Action). Or, more likely, a zombie that somehow hit him through a still-intact floor. Aaron advises him to watch out for "floor dogs," which Emre accepts as similar to groundhogs. In the spring, if you see a floor dog come out and see its shadow, then it will bite you and you will bleed out and die.
- Part 3: Aaron is jumped by three dogs and narrowly survives, failing to notice that he's bleeding out. When he finally does notice, he manages to apply a bandage when there's no visible red left on his health bar. "You almost pulled a me!" - Emre (Episode 43 - Slapstick Zombedy)
- Emre the Cave Explorer, Part 1: After a year of wandering the post-apocalypse alone, Emre claims to have moved on from mining, now focusing on interior decoration. By this, he means going from house to house and hacking apart furniture. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: Aaron tasks Emre with expanding the mine inside the Ho Motel into a death pit for zombies. Emre gladly gets to work, singing as he swings his pick. (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Part 3: Emre claims that he doesn't like mining "when there's a purpose," instead just wanting to "have fun with it." Aaron suggests that it's a form of therapy for him. "When it turns into work, it's a lot less interesting and enjoyable." - Emre (Episode 40 - Hammer to the Face)
- Part 3: Emre expands his section of the Ho Motel hole with a maze of dead-end tunnels. He burrows just to relax, but the maze very nearly succeeds as an emergency defense mechanism (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster).
- Part 4: Following the Day 14 disaster, Emre decides to tunnel all the way to the edge of the nearby city as an emergency escape route. Despite his vaguely sexual love of digging, Emre denies that he is a dwarf at heart for two reasons: He doesn't like hairy women, and he would not lose to Orlando Bloom in a drinking contest. (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- Part 5: Emre digs an emergency escape/access tunnel all the way from the Ho Motel hole to the edges of the city. When he finally breaks through to the surface, however, gravel collapses on him, killing him. He isn't even mad. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Emre the Noob, Part 1: "I guess I don't know about about that kind of shit, so I'm glad you do." Emre doesn't know that goldenrod flowers can be used to cure dysentery. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 2: Emre applies a splint when he breaks his leg for the first time and is surprised to learn the broken bone doesn't heal instantly. (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 3: Emre tries, and fails, to boil eggs without help. (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Part 4: When Aaron discovers that Emre has been searching cars but leaving any gas he finds behind. Aaron testily explains to Emre that the chainsaws and augers they're desperately trying to find run on gas. (Episode 38 - Trapped in the City)
- Part 5: Emre wishes he could lock his door to keep Aaron out. Aaron points out that he can lock his door, but won't tell him how. (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- Emre vs. Bees, Part 1: "Why did you want the bee to get me?" - Emre "Because it's funny." - Aaron. When given a choice, "buh-buh-buh bees" almost always attack Emre rather than Aaron. Their attacks often manage to catch Emre completely off-guard. During their second night camped on the Ho Motel roof, a series of bees harass Emre while he and Aaron are trying to fight or evade invading zombies. At dawn, a bee finally kills Emre. (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- Part 2: Aaron and Emre create "Bee Death Boulevard" on the Ho Motel's roof to lure the buh-buh-buh-bees into a trap. Point of trivia: At 11:04 in Episode 30, while fighting Aaron, a bee makes a squeaking noise that some viewers hear as the bee calling Aaron "asshole." (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Part 3: Aaron speculates that the bees may view Emre as their leader, always going after him because they love him. Later that night, Aaron calls Emre out to the edge of the roof to check out a zombie horde. Emre emerges from his shelter and gets jumped by a bee within seconds. Fortunately, the "hidey-hole" he'd built into his room saves him. (Episode 34 - 7th Day Horde)
- Part 4: A bee jumps Emre without warning while he's searching a car in the city. (Episode 38 - Trapped in the City)
- Part 5: Emre spends most of Episode 41 (Songs in Bee Minor) fighting off an endless stream of bees while he and Aaron riff on various songs they could sing to warn of bee attacks. One bee ambushes Emre just as he's moving iron into his inventory. He drops the iron in a moment of panic and ends up losing it entirely due to the distraction.
- Part 6: In the midst of being overrun by zombies on Night 14, Emre manages to get killed by a lone bee. A swarm of bees overpowers Emre again a few minutes later. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Emre vs. Morality: Emre promises that if he comes in and sees Aaron having sex with pies in his hot tub, he will kill them both in a murder-suicide pact "that I'm making with myself." (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Campfire Tales, Part 1: Aaron spends his first night back together with Emre telling him about a group of survivors he met up with out west. The group's rules demanded that they forgive people for whatever they'd done before the apocalypse, including causing the apocalypse. Eventually, however, they soured on Aaron when he blew up their buildings. Aaron insists they had it coming. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: Aaron and Emre spend so many nights desperately fighting for their lives this season that they have relatively little time for campfire tales. Emre reminisces about the good old days of sitting around and talking in Episode 33 (Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs).
- Part 3: Aaron and Emre challenge each other to describe their "perfect woman." Aaron imagines a woman "that was here right now, and that I was having intercourse with." Emre gets as far as saying his perfect woman would have the voice of an angel before a zombie falls onto Aaron. (Episode 35 - Home Sweet Hole)
- Part 4: Aaron tells a spooky tale about a faceless Emre (see Quotes above). Eerily, the tale seems to have come true by the start of Season 7. (Episode 47 - Midnight at Death Lake)
- Part 5: While trapped in a police station overnight, Aaron and Emre decide to sing. Emre declares his favorite song to be Just the Two of Us and tries to get Aaron to sing along. "Just the two of us/Killing zombies all the time/Just the two of us/Seven days to die." (Episode 38 - Trapped in the City)
- Part 6: While Emre spends the night outside on a vision quest, roaming the woods and fighting zombies, Aaron (safely camped for the night far away) taunts him with campfire tales of how Emre wandered into the wilderness and was torn apart by seventy different zombies, his clothes and body parts found strewn miles apart. This culminates in Aaron's eerily prophetic tale of a faceless Emre (see Quotes, above, and Referenced in Future Seasons, below). (Episode 47 - Midnight at Death Lake)
- Dr. Pussyfun's Disease, Part 1: Aaron and Emre break their legs so often this season that Aaron invents an ailment to explain their fragile bones. Aaron sometimes breaks his legs several times a day. A crawler breaks Aaron's leg just after the rare occasion that he manages to jump off a house without hurting himself. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: For once, Emre falls into a pit Aaron's digging and breaks his leg. Aaron offers to put him out of his misery with a bullet to the face, but Emre opts for a splint instead. (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 3: Emre breaks his leg trying to escape a pit he's accidentally trapped himself in. (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Part 4: The one time Aaron's legs are fine and Emre's are broken, Aaron runs home on his own, leaving Emre to limp along in the desert. (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit)
- Part 5: Aaron and Emre both suck it up and accept sprained legs as the cost of leaping to freedom from the second floor of a zombie-besieged police station. (Episode 39 - Forced to Jump)
- Part 6: Emre jumps down one story on a splinted leg and is outraged when he breaks a bone. (Episode 41 - Songs in Bee Minor)
- Escape Pool, Part 1: Emre's initial plan of escape from the Ho Motel in the event of a zombie attack is to simply jump down two stories and have splints on hand to deal with any broken legs. When Aaron balks, Emre looks to the hotel's large swimming pool. They both agree that setting off TNT and jumping into the pool would be cool, like being action heroes. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 2: When a horde of zombies suddenly swarms the Ho Motel roof, a fear-maddened Emre makes his escape by throwing himself off the roof into the hotel pool. A panicking, hobbled Aaron tries to follow him but hits the pavement. (Episode 32 - Insane Pool Jump)
- Part 3: When Emre lingers a few minutes too long on the roof, a running horde of zombies cuts off his escape, chasing up the ladder after him. He bolts for the escape pool and jumps, but misses and breaks his leg. (Episode 40 - Hammer to the Face)
- Part 4: Aaron reminds Emre to use the escape pool and spare himself another broken leg after multiple deaths keep respawning Emre on the Ho Motel roof. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Gaslighting Supply Drops, Part 1: By now, Aaron and Emre are convinced that whomever runs the supply planes is simply messing with them. A supply plane flies right over Aaron and Emre, but doesn't drop any supplies. (Episode 25 - Undead Pool Party)
- Part 2: Aaron and Emre chase after a pair of drops, desperate for food. On the upside, the supply drops are marked by orange smoke now. On the downside, Emre's crate isn't what he wanted, and Aaron's crate gets stuck in a tree. (Episode 27 - Penthouse Suites)
- Part 3: Emre spends the better part of a day chasing after two supply drops. For his trouble, all he gets is a tiny bit of food and water, plus land claim blocks he doesn't know how to use. (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 4: Two supply planes fly past the hotel without dropping anything, prompting an exasperated rant from Aaron. (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- Part 5: The supply planes drop several crates deep within the city. When Emre finally, painfully fights his way to the first crate, it contains exactly one pipe. (Episode 33 - Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs)
- Part 6: A no-drop supply plane pushes Aaron into a paranoid rant about how the supply drop people are spying on them. (Episode 36 - Christ-santhemums)
- Part 7: "Crates are a joke! If they really wanted to save us, they could do it!" - Aaron "You're just really really bitter." - Emre "Yeah! I think The Man is dropping those crates - I don't trust The Man." - Aaron (Episode 41 - Songs in Bee Minor)
- The Gospel According to Emre, Part 1: Satan runs McDonald's. (Episode 25 - Undead Pool Party)
- Part 2: Jesus loves a good nude selfie. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 3: Emre thinks he's cool enough that if he and Jesus were to meet at a party, Jesus would already know his name and would friend him on Facebook that same night. Jesus wouldn't be friends with Aaron, because He would know it's a waste. (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 4: Masturbation goes against the Lord (Episode 36 - Christ-santhemums). This doesn't stop Emre from sneaking off to masturbate in his room (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit).
- Part 5: Evolution is not real; things always have a creator. "if you come across a zombie in the middle of the desert, and it's holding a doorknob, do you assume that that doorknob just, like, evolved? Or do you assume that someone made that doorknob? Because that is a perfect example of why evolution is impossible." (Episode 36 - Christ-santhemums)
- Part 6: Emre likens the zombie apocalypse to the Biblical Flood, except with zombies. (Episode 36 - Christ-santhemums)
- Part 7: Jesus knew that, sometimes, you should appreciate the good things you have, and not just give all of your stuff to the poor and the needy (though you should give them half of it). (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit)
- Part 8: Men shall not lie with other men, and that includes hanging out in a hot tub, because that's "really gay." (Episode 42 - Blueberry Action)
- Part 9: While Aaron is (inexplicably) female, Emre having anal sex (but only anal sex) with him/her if okay in the eyes of the Lord. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Jesus Pig!: While on his vision quest, Emre follows a rabbit across Death Lake in a state of wonderment as he watches it run on water. Aaron assures him that "Jesus rabbits" are common in this part of the country. He assumes that if Emre kills the rabbit, it will just come back to life in three days. (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- Ladder Control Problems, Part 1: Ladders give Aaron and Emre endless trouble. On Day 4, Emre has trouble crafting ladders to escape Aaron's mining pit. That night, zombies storm their base on the Ho Motel roof when they forget to block the ladder up (the only access point). (Episode 28 - Roof Nips)
- Part 2: Zombies keep climbing up to the roof the next day, stopping only when the zombies break the ladder themselves. (Episode 29 - Zombie Wants It)
- Part 3: Emre digs a deep pit under the Ho Motel, only then realizing he can't craft enough ladders to climb back out. (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Part 4: Zombies repeatedly damage the ladder to the Ho Motel roof as they try to reach Aaron and Emre, making it increasingly difficult for Aaron and Emre to climb up or down. (Episode 31 - Roof Collapse)
- Part 5: Aaron forgets to block the ladder on Night 6, resulting in the base on the Ho Motel roof being overrun by zombies. (Episode 32 - Insane Pool Jump)
- Part 6: Still irked after being killed in the city, Emre tries to hurry down off the Ho Motel roof, overshoots the ladder, and splats on the pavement. (Episode 33 - Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs)
- Part 7: Seconds before Emre steps off the Ho Motel roof, Aaron alerts him that the entire ladder up to the roof has been completely destroyed. Aaron is killed by zombies while trying to rebuild the ladder from below. (Episode 34 - 7th Day Horde)
- Part 8: Aaron builds a "hidden" ladder down to the death pit that he believes the zombies won't be able to find. (They will.) (Episode 35 - Home Sweet Hole)
- Part 9: Aaron and Emre neglect to block the ladder leading down into the Ho Motel hole on Night 14. When Emre climbs up to investigate the sounds of zombies, he unwittingly lures the feral horde down after him, falling off the ladder for his troubles. After he dies and respawns on the roof, he tries to climb back down into the hole but gets cornered on the ladder. A cop explodes, killing him again and blasting a chunk out of their only escape route. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 10: After Emre repairs the ladder, Aaron tries to climb out, but finds the top blocked off with stone. When he tries to break through the stone, he also breaks the top section of the ladder. Since Aaron doesn't have any ladders handy, he's left as stuck as when he started. (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- Mind the Spikes, Part 1: Aaron installs spikes in the zombie death pit; he and Emre immediately walk into them. They quickly realize they can't get in or out of their base without hurting themselves. (Episode 37 - Suicide Pit)
- Part 2: Emre falls off the Ho Motel hole's ladder onto the death pit spikes twice while panicking during the Night 14 invasion. (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 3: Emre wanders into a cactus while staring up at a supply plane. Aaron installs spikes in an improved zombie death pit, then immediately hurts himself on them. (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- Part 4: Aaron taunts a patron zombie, slowly backing away from it so he can keep talking. However, the zombie "tricks" him into backing up into cacti, and in his confusion, Aaron rubs up against the cacti far longer than he needed to. (Episode 47 -Midnight at Death Lake)
- Other Survivors, Part 1: Irritated by Aaron's constant pleading for sex, Emre proposes a deal. If Aaron stops talking about sex, then if and when they find a living female survivor, Emre will let Aaron "take" her first. Aaron agrees, reminding Emre that she would have to be "up for it" first. Aaron adds that he wouldn't want Emre to have the woman at all, which Emre insists is just selfish. Aaron suggests that he get first dibs at every woman they meet from here on out; Emre angrily insists that the deal is only for the first woman they find. (Episode 40 - Hammer to the Face)
- Part 2: When Emre unexpectedly spots what looks like another survivor on the horizon, he initially assumes it's Aaron. But since he expects Aaron to be far away, he suddenly worries that he's crossed paths with a total stranger, "some asshole." Emre tests whether the distant figure is friend or foe by lining up the sights of his rifle and pulling the trigger, successfully confirming the stranger's identity when the bullet nearly kills Aaron. Aaron is eager to hear Emre's defense in a court of law. (Episode 48 - Dynamite Decor)
- Pie Bangers, Part 1: Aaron discovers his first pair of blueberry pies in a cooler inside a police station. He is astounded and offers to share one of the pies with Emre. However, when Emre immediately eats his pie, Aaron is aghast! Aaron has no intention of eating his pie; he's going to fuck it. This introduces Aaron's long-running lust for blueberry pies. (Episode 41 - Songs in Bee Minor)
- Part 2: Exactly as promised, Aaron has sex with his blueberry pie the moment he gets home, to Emre's horror and disgust. Emre interrupts the pie-loving by literally snatching the pie away from Aaron, then berates him at length. Emre insists that Aaron is defiling something innocent, while Aaron insists that there's nothing innocent about blueberry pie. "You can tell the pie wanted it." - Aaron (Episode 44 - 14th Day Disaster)
- Part 3: Preparing for a hot tub date night with a pair of blueberry pies, Aaron fantasizes that they're "lookin' real slim and sexy," with one wearing yoga pants and the other a checkered schoolgirl skirt. "I can totally see their blueberries." (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Part 4: Aaron serves blueberry pies for dessert at the Thanksgiving feast. Emre eagerly devours his pie, failing to heed Aaron's proud claim to have mated with the pies himself. When Emre finally does realize what he's eaten, he's horribly disgusted. (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise)
- Terrible Uses for Time Machines: When Aaron decides to build a hot tub in the Ho Motel hole, Emre jokingly asks him if the hot tub will work as a time machine. Aaron says no, but you will forget all about time while you're relaxing in it. "So it is kinda gonna be a hot tub time machine. Except it's only going to go forward in time." - Emre. Aaron doesn't get the joke. They're both just kidding around, but this is technically the series' first mention of Aaron building a time machine. (Episode 45 - Picking Up the Pieces)
- Thanksgiving: The desire to prepare a grand Thanksgiving feast provides Aaron and Emre's primary motivation throughout the final episodes of the season. Since they can't find turkeys, cranberries, or mashed potatoes, they eat venison and blueberries instead (and try without success to eat potato seeds). They also enjoy some uncooked, unbuttered, unshucked corn on the cob. For dessert, they enjoy blueberry pies that Aaron mated with himself. After the meal, Aaron reveals that he slipped a massive dose of powdered sleeping pills into the food, particularly the corn, to kill both Emre and himself.
- Aaron is thankful for causing the apocalypse, because it let him meet Emre and have adventures with him. "Awww," responds Emre, "that is super gay."
- Emre is thankful for nurse zombies. Emre can't even describe how many dreams he's had about nurse zombies who didn't quite look zombified. "They're like my version of Katy Perry now." After leading Aaron into a trap, Emre adds that he's thankful for the zombie apocalypse too, so the zombies can "fucking kill" Aaron.
Callbacks to Previous Seasons Edit
- Campfire Tales: As Emre prepares to hide in a house's attic for the night, he and Aaron reminisce about the first night they spent together at Husker Avenue at the start of Season 1 (where Aaron accidentally blew himself up). (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Emre vs. Cat Food, Part 1: When Emre runs into Aaron again after a year apart, he gives him a mocking "present" of a can of cat food. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Part 2: As Emre is fantasizing about finding a kitty cat, Aaron finds the next best thing - a can of cat food - and offers it to him, telling him to just pretend it's a cat. Emre is not amused. (Episode 46 - Hot Tub Party)
- Crossbow Convert: In Season 1, Aaron thought Emre's love for crossbows was a waste of time. A year later, they both see the point of crossbows, but find them underwhelming. Granted, Aaron finds anything other then rapid fire blasting a shotgun or the full auto of an assault rifle underwhelming. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
Referenced in Future Seasons Edit
- Aaron the Gender Bender: Aaron briefly turns female again at the end of Season 6. Then as now, he refuses to acknowledge or explain the change.
- Campfire Tales: While not planned and never acknowledged, the eerie campfire tale Aaron spins about Emre in Episode 47 (Midnight at Death Lake) veers uncannily close to becoming a fulfilled prophecy in Episode 122 (Sh*t Eater).
- Escape Pool, Part 1: In Season 3 (Episodes 50 - 71), Aaron and Emre utilize the lake around their Island fort as an emergency/convenient escape route, explicitly crediting the Ho Motel escape pool for the inspiration.
- Part 2: After Emre abandons Pleasure Town in Season 7 (Episodes 119 - 139), he boasts to his followers about escaping zombies at the Ho Motel by jumping off the roof into its pool. His followers are deeply impressed. (Episode 137 - Time Travel?)
- Pie Bangers: Aaron's lust for blueberry pies, first discovered in Episode 41 (Songs in Bee Minor), becomes a central facet of his personality going forward.
- Series Recap: The introductory montage that opens Season 7 (Episode 119 - New Recruits) visits moments from Episode 31 (Roof Collapse) and Episode 49 (Thanksgiving Surprise).
- Thanksgiving, Part 1: At the start of next season (Episode 50 - Memory Wipe), Aaron and Emre assume that their partial amnesia and the loss of all of their gear - and even their base - is all due to Aaron flubbing an attempt to "roofie" them during Thanksgiving.
- Part 2: At the end of Season 4, a booming voice that may or may not be God provides a possible explanation for the strange events that conclude this season. Apparently, this all-seeing entity attempted to save Emre from Aaron's pie-fucking by sending him to the "forbidden zone" in Emre's escape tunnels. (Episode 83 - Conversation With God)
- They Delved Too Greedily and Too Deep: When Emre starts digging the zombie death pit underneath the Ho Motel, he worries about the odds of unearthing "something really nasty and evil," like a Balrog. The fear of unearthing supernatural evils by digging too deep (and explicitly referencing The Lord of the Rings) carries through into future seasons (particularly Season 6). (Episode 30 - City Trippin')
- Turrets Syndrome: Emre's fondest wish is to have gun turrets guarding his fort. He first dreams of turrets in Episode 25 (Undead Pool Party).
Fun Facts Edit
- Blood Moons: This season includes three feral horde nights. At this point in the series, Aaron and Emre have yet to directly acknowledge the pattern of weekly feral hordes, with their characters only just starting to piece it together.
- Day 7: The first strikes in Episode 34 (7th Day Horde) and turns into a nightmare for Aaron.
- Day 14: The second strikes in Episode 44 (14th Day Disaster) and, as the title indicates, results in a catastrophic rout for Aaron and Emre.
- Day 21: The third and final horde night strikes in the season finale (Episode 49 - Thanksgiving Surprise). Emre briefly tries to throw Aaron to the zombies, but relents when only a few show up. Letting Aaron back in, however, they forget to close the door, so the next morning Emre has to shotgun his way through an escape tunnel full of zombies.
- Check the Map: After a year of aimless wandering (off-screen), Aaron and Emre are completely lost and have no idea where they are in the country. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Time Doesn't Exist Here, Exactly: Season 2 takes place a year after Season 1, and thus at least one year after the zombie apocalypse. When Aaron and Emre meet again after a year apart, they both lie briefly about what they've been up to during their gap year in the hopes of impressing each other.
- Aaron's Year: Aaron claims to have joined a group of partying scientists on the other side of the country. Eventually things fell apart between them and Aaron wandered off on his own. In reality, he sat in a cave for most of the year, doing little but eating chili every couple of days and crying. (Episode 24 - New Beginning)
- Emre's Year: Emre claims to have gathered a cult. He and his like-minded followers holed up in a large church and stayed there for the better part of the year, conducting "prayer orgies." Unfortunately, a horde of zombies wandered through and slaughtered all of Emre's followers in the night. In truth, Emre dreamed about raw, sweaty prayer orgies every night, but he never started a cult (Episode 24 - New Beginning). Nor did he ever bathe (Episode 25 - Undead Pool Party).
- The Pre-Apocalypse, Part 1: Emre insists that the "Turn Down for What" video was filthy and sinful, and that he never watched it. Aaron doesn't believe him for a moment. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 2: Neither Aaron nor Emre know if Jennifer Lawrence survived the zombie apocalypse. They both agree that if anyone deserved to survive, it was her. Emre, who is a huge fan, freely admits that he is not as important and vital to humanity as Ms. Lawrence. He did have tons of her stolen nude photos though. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 3: In Texas, not everyone had a drawl, and only weirdos wore cowboy hats and had gun racks. However, just about every single living person, including children, carried guns. (Episode 26 - Ho Motel)
- Part 4: Emre reminisces about the "fat acceptance movement" of 2014. Aaron doesn't recall it. (Episode 40 - Hammer to the Face)
- Season Records: At 26 episodes, this holds the record as the longest season in the series.
- Undead Patrons: Throughout the season, Aaron calls out specific zombies by name, treating them as people he knew before the apocalypse. (Emre occasionally does so as well.) All named zombies were patrons of the Game Society Pimps at Subbable, a precursor to Patreon; having a zombie dedicated to you was a patronage reward.
Game Notes Edit
This season updates to Alpha 9 and takes place in a randomly generated world map, the major new feature introduced in that version of the game. Zombies from here on out walk during the day and run at night, regardless of light levels.
|24||New Beginning||Sep 6, 2016||Link|
| Aaron wanders alone, muttering to himself. Suddenly, a door opens and Emre steps out of a house, taking a moment to recognize him. They've been separated for a year, and they're both surprised to see the other still alive. |
They let bygones be bygones, and Emre invited Aaron to help him break down a couch. Emre gives Aaron a can of cat food and they happily reminisce about the old days. Aaron claims to have spent his year with a group of scientists; Emre claims to have started a cult. Eventually they both admit that they've been completely alone. They note that since they parted, they've both lost all of their good gear, and guns seem far harder to come by these days. Aaron is desperate to join up with Emre, who warily agrees to get back together with his "ex."
As night falls, they take shelter in a house's attic, reminding them of one of their first nights together. They're both completely lost and have no idea where they are in the country. Aaron tells Emre that he found a group of survivors out west, but was kicked out after he blew up their buildings.
Emre wants Aaron to forgo using TNT; Aaron agrees so long as Emre "puts out." Neither gets their wish. Come morning, they hack their way out through the attic roof, then pick off the zombies. Aaron breaks his leg. Within a day, they're already needling, mocking, and harassing each other.
|25||Undead Pool Party||Sep 9, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre are excited to be traveling together again. Emre hopes to build turrets, but doesn't want Aaron inside his personal bubble. They try to set up a few personal rules for their new partnership.
Together, they wander into the desert to scavenge for aloe and yucca. They spot a building on the horizon. Emre agrees with Aaron's suggestion that a bath might be a good idea. By the time they fight their way to the building they'd seen, a gas station, a much larger building can be seen nearby.
They clear out the gas station, then head over to the big building, which turns out to be a huge roadside hotel. The hotel is overrun by zombies, but Emre is eager to make it their new base anyway. Zombies ruin a fountain, flooding the lobby.
Aaron and Emre go door-to-door, killing zombies, then discover a mob of undead hanging out in the pool out back. Aaron and Emre kill the zombies, declaring the pool far too disgusting to ever swim in now. They kill off the last of the zombies and claim the pool for themselves just before sunset.
|26||Ho Motel||Sep 13, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre hurry inside the hotel and quickly search the upper floors. At nightfall, they hide in a hotel room and barricade the door with furniture. Aaron insists the hotel is indefensible, but Emre is eager to start crafting hunting rifles.
If zombies rush them, Emre plans to jump out the window, but Aaron would prefer an escape plan that doesn't involve breaking their legs. They hit on the idea of using the swimming pool to blast free if overrun.
After discussing the saintly nature of Jennifer Lawrence, they emerge at dawn and find yet more zombies hanging out in the pool. A dog freaks out Aaron. As they check to be sure they've checked the "whole hotel," they strike upon the gag named of the "ho-hotel." They laugh at their own jokes and wish they could start a YouTube channel.
Leaving the hotel for now, they move on to scavenge a neighboring house. Aaron suddenly has two brainstorms: One, they should build a ladder and live on the hotel roof! Two, they should use the pool to trap zombies! Emre fondly recalls his pistol-packing childhood in Texas as they gather materials.
|27||Dear Penthouse Suites||Sep 20, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre hurry after a pair of supply drops, gladly noting that smoke flares make the crates easier to see now. As Aaron hurries through the desert, he realizes he's starving and out of ammo. Aaron finds his supply crate stuck in a tree. Full bellies put them in a good mood.|
On the way back they hunt a pig, who leads them on a merry chase. Emre stalks a rabbit into a trench, where he's briefly trapped and cornered by a pair of zombies. He barely survives.
Emre hopes that once they've set up their awesome base, they'll have time to invent a camera and maybe even make a stop-motion animation series. They cook their meat, but Aaron gets upset when he realizes that he's left a lot of supplies in a car down the street.
Skipping over a few hours of cooking and crafting rifles, they continue to settle in, digging little rooms for themselves from the clay shingle roof. Having great fun, they declare themselves to be best friends.
The next morning, they get back to collecting materials and crafting, but Emre is surprised to hear that Aaron doesn't know how to make a leather thong. This prompts Emre to tell Aaron about the Little Dancer game, which Aaron finds sick. Emre is spooked when he notices a horde of zombies wandering past their hotel. Aaron sees that the pool is filling up with undead again. Aaron and Emre have to clear out the pool again.
|28||Roof Nips (Roof Boobs)||Sep 21, 2014||Link|
| With extra roof clay materials on hand, Aaron gets creative and builds a bridge over the entrances to his and Emre's rooms. Emre plants a seed, declares himself a farmer, and then accidentally destroys the seedlings he just planted. He gives up on farming.|
Emre runs after distant supply drops while Aaron continues to decorate the Ho Motel's roof. He places blocks on two raised sections of the roof, admiring how they now look like boobs. While Emre grabs the disappointing loot, Aaron starts mining by digging a pit inside the hotel. Emre eventually returns to the hotel in a jolly mood, but immediately falls into Aaron's pit and breaks his leg. Aaron offers to give him a mercy killing, but Emre declines.
Aaron is upset that while he's been digging all day, Emre's been gallivanting around, with a pair of potted plants to show for his efforts. Emre barely manages to craft a ladder to get back out of the pit. Aaron laments that Emre isn't a woman. While defending the companionship he provides, Emre also builds a trench from the broken fountain to Aaron's pit, hoping to drown Aaron (or at least give him a laugh). It doesn't work.
As the sun sets, they hustle back up to the roof and fret about using the hotel to host other survivors. Emre builds an escape hatch out of his room, which Aaron finds wasteful. As they joke around, they suddenly hear a horde of zombies rampaging inside the hotel below them. Emre creeps over to the ladder and peeks down just in time to see zombies charging up after them! Aaron nervously welcomes their undead guests to the "Ho Motel."
|29||Zombie Wants It||Sep 24, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre are still fighting the zombies who've reached the roof when a series of bees repeatedly attack Emre. They regain control and retreat to their rooms, listening to what sounds like a zombie horde wrecking the hotel beneath them. Aaron peeks down the ladder again, luring another wave of zombies onto the roof.|
Aaron and Emre run from the zombies until the undead slow down at dawn, at which point Emre dies to a bee. He respawns inside a hotel room overrun with zombies and flees in a screaming panic. They finally realize they've never moved their bedrolls to the roof. Emre reports that the hotel is crawling with zombies that need to be killed, but Aaron and Emre are low on weapons and ammo.
A lone cheerleader zombie reaches the roof; Aaron and Emre retreat to their rooms to see who she'll follow. Emre "wins" when the "lady" goes for him. Aaron climbs down to lure zombies into the pool, but gets distracted when he hallucinates distorted zombies freezing in midair.
Zombies literally pour out of the hotel after Aaron and Emre. They battle the zombies while Aaron loses his grip on reality. One zombie assumes a particularly lewd position after Emre kills her. Aaron settles himself on the roof while Emre hunts zombies through the hotel. As Emre notes they've spent most of the day mopping up zombies, Aaron rants at a pair of supply planes that drop absolutely nothing for them.
|30||City Trippin'||Sep 27, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre are strapped for supplies, so they agree to have Aaron go exploring while Emre mines. After reviewing the extensive damage to the hotel, Aaron explains his plans for the mine to Emre: He wants the pit to be so deep that zombies will die when they fall in, and the bottom can serve as an emergency backup base as well.|
Emre starts digging while Aaron sets out east, where he quickly comes upon a city (and is immediately attacked). Aaron power trips as he battles dogs, bees, and zombies. Aaron is nearly overwhelmed by zombies in the city while Emre, tasked with coming to his rescue, realizes he's trapped himself in the Ho Motel pit. Emre finally escapes and Aaron manages to evade his pursuers. Aaron finds shotgun parts; declaring victory, he flees the city as the sun sinks. Aaron comes home and evaluates Emre's work for the day.
At sunset, they cook dinner and debate the recipe for boiled eggs. Night brings the sounds of yet another zombie horde pounding away at the hotel walls. When a zombie and a bee attack, Aaron guides Emre under the roof bridge for shelter. Aaron plots how to use the bridge as a trap for bees, dubbing it "Bee Death Boulevard."
|31||Roof Collapse||Sep 29, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre expand their rooms and organize their supplies, trying to ignore the zombies trashing the hotel beneath them. At dawn, the floor of Bee Death Boulevard suddenly collapses, dropping Aaron three floors into the zombie-filled hotel and breaking his leg. He gibbers in mad panic, but manages to run for his life. While Aaron struggles to reach the roof, Emre slaps together a patch job on the gaping hole in the floor.
Aaron and Emre decide they'll need to heavy fortify the hotel's third floor. Aaron continues to walk through Bee Death Boulevard, failing to notice that the roof is continuing to deteriorate. As he tries to patch the hole, he falls into the zombies again. Emre climbs down to help Aaron take out the zombie horde, but the zombies have also badly damaged the ladder to the roof. Emre wants to abandon the Ho Motel, but Aaron suggests they move their shelter to the bottom of the death pit. Emre tears through a wall to reach a zombie nurse who has somehow spawned inside a wall, where she's been attacking the ladder. Emre wipes out the zombies infesting the hotel while Aaron, dazed and badly hurt, hangs back at the pool.
After dispatching the horde, they examine the damage and see that zombies have destroyed the hotel's support pillars. Suddenly, a supply plane drops two crates right on top of their location! For once, the crate contents are great! Emre runs off alone into the desert after a third supply drop, and Aaron witnesses a "Jesus rabbit" run across the hotel pool. Emre agrees to give the Ho Motel one more night.
|32||Insane Pool Jump||Oct 4, 2014||Link|
|Aaron continues his building inspection inside the Ho Motel, which Emre points out might be doomed anyway. Emre returns home, and he and Aaron demolish the hotel staircases. Emre expands and decorates his room, then patches up the roof, when Aaron thinks he's building a support pillar. As the sun sets, Aaron climbs up to the roof, falls off the ladder, and breaks his leg. When he finally climbs up, he chastises Emre for decorating his room while Aaron was smashing stairs all day. Sun sets, and as Aaron and Emre bicker in Bee Death Boulevard, a horde of zombies suddenly pours up onto the roof and attacks! Panicking, Emre makes an insane leap into the hotel pool and escapes. Aaron tries to follow but smacks into the pavement. They run into the desert night, hobbling on hurt legs while zombies and bees pursue them. Aaron dies and respawns on the roof, discovering that it's still overrun. He tries running laps around the roof to survive, then hops down and ultimately lures his pursuers into the pool to save himself. Another horde comes for them, but dawn slows the zombies and saves the day. Aaron and Emre return to the hotel, but all of the zombies have mysteriously vanished. Aaron and Emre finally realize they need to block up the ladder at night. With everything calm again, Aaron dispatches Emre on a scavenging run to the city.|
|33||Bees, Dogs, and Broken Legs||Oct 5, 2014||Link|
|Emre sets out for the city on the morning of Day 7. Emre fights and scavenges while Aaron redecorates his room atop the hotel. Emre gets overwhelmed by zombies and is forced to retreat farther into the city. Aaron finally climbs down into the death pit to keep mining, but when the ladder runs out partway down, he falls and breaks his leg. Emre chases after a pair of supply crates that are dropped nearby, but a series of dogs and bees bring him down. Emre respawns at the Ho Motel, and Aaron orders him to go straight back and get those crates! In the meantime, Aaron's dug all the way down to rock. Frustrated, Emre hustles off the edge of the roof and breaks his leg. He harasses Aaron into accompanying back into the city to help out. On his way out of the death pit, Aaron falls back in and breaks his leg. Emre hobbles back to the city on his own. He manages to limp his way along, grabbing the supply crates, then limps back home. With the spoils of Emre's supply run, Aaron can finally craft shotguns. As they hear a horde of zombies arrive at the hotel downstairs, Emre blocks the roof ladder and Aaron hopes for just one night without a "nightmare." Finally on the upswing, Emre sings some Creed as the moon rises.|
|34||7th Day Horde||Oct 11, 2014||Link|
| As the sun sets on Day 7, Aaron and Emre jollily go about their business atop the Ho Motel, ignoring the zombies demolishing the hotel walls below them. Halfway through the night, Aaron takes a peek out over the desert and freaks out when he sees a massive horde of zombies storming toward the hotel. When Emre comes to take a look, a bee jumps him. After dispatching the bee, Aaron and Emre return to inventory management, failing to notice that Bee Death Boulevard is crumbling under their feet.
Near dawn, Aaron emerges from his room and notices new hole in the roof. On alert, he pauses to draw Emre's attention to the problem, but the roof gives way beneath, dumping him into the hotel lobby, surrounded by feral zombies. Armed with his new shotgun, he miraculously manages to blast his way into the desert.
At dawn, Aaron limps back to the hotel as Emre congratulates them. Emre clears the roof ladder and is astounded by the mob of zombies in the pool. Aaron warns Emre that the ladder down is completely gone. Aaron tries to club the zombies in the pool, but accidentally lures most them back out after him. Emre picks off zombies from the roof, then drops ladder parts down to Aaron. Aaron gets surrounded and is killed. He respawns on the roof, so he and Emre now have no safe way down.
Emre accidentally falls through Aaron's hole, landing in a puddle in the lobby that breaks his fall. Emre insists that it's time to abandon the Ho Motel, and Aron finally agrees. Aaron packs supplies while Emre wipes out the zombies by the pool. A no-drop supply plane pushes Aaron to the verge of throwing a fit. With most of the day gone, Aaron and Emre decide to move their base into the pit beneath the hotel.
|35||Home Sweet Hole||Oct 12, 2014||Link|
|Aaron starts expanding the bottom of the death pit while he and Emre debate the latter's plans to dig a trench. Emre climbs to the roof to craft a shovel and dart around as Bee Death Boulevard crumbles under his weight. Eventually he falls through, hurting himself, and heads down to the death pit to help Aaron. They immediately start arguing over their plans. Emre destroys the pit's extra ladder while Aaron digs and plans a "hidden" ladder zombies won't find. Aaron climbs to the roof to collect his bedroll, suffering a minor anxiety attack when he has to slip through Bee Death Boulevard. At sunset, Aaron returns to the pit while Emre heads up and grabs his own bedroll, evading danger as the roof continues to crumble. Emre breaks his leg again on the way back down. Aaron and Emre nearly forget to destroy the ladder down, doing so just before a zombie arrives. They spend the evening expanding their new underground base. Emre mines while Aaron builds his "hidden" ladder. They start describing their perfect women to pass the night, but are interrupted when a fat zombie falls into the pit and attacks Aaron.|
|36||Christ-santhemums||Oct 19, 2014||Link|
|A few more zombies fall into the pit, but only fatties can survive the fall. Emre insists they need to deepen the death pit; what if a zombie cop fell in with them? Aaron isn't worried about it. Aaron clears the ladder up while Emre mines. They both attempt to lure a zombie nurse into the pit by cat-calling her. When they finally realize it's morning, they emerge in a good mood, but Aaron is immediately jumped by a dog. Pumped up on their pit, they ponder renaming the Ho Motel the Mole Motel or Mo Hotel. They do some work around the hotel, and Aaron discovers that even the bridge above Bee Death Boulevard is falling apart now. At midday, Aaron and Emre go exploring to the north for fun. They find a disappointing supply crate. They enter a badlands, and Emre gets so distracted by his own Scottish accent he nearly falls off a cliff. Aaron's discovery of a dead rabbit suddenly turns into an argument over evolution. Eventually they leave the desert, and Emre is amazed by the sight of pretty red flowers. Since Aaron and Emre are the only survivors of the apocalypse, they argue over who has the right or duty to rename any flowers they find.|
|37||Suicide Pit||Oct 23, 2014||Link|
|Emre finds iron leg armor in a packpack, and Aaron follows his "turd blossoms" to a coal deposit. After that nice break, they decide to head back; Day 9 is running out. Aaron's legs are intact for once, so he leaves Emre in his dust, running home alone while drinking coffee. Emre hobbles along but still reaches the Ho Motel in time. Emre sneaks off to his room in the hole to "pray," which sound a lot like masturbating. He's upset that Aaron can hear him "prayer-bating." As the nightly zombie horde moves in upstairs, Emre expands the zombie death pit. Aaron installs spikes in the pit, but now he and Emre can't reach the ladder without hurting themselves. They manage to sort out the ladder and spikes with a lot of effort. Emre climbs up to the surface, only then noticing that it's still nighttime. When a zombie rushes him, he nearly falls to his death in the pit. Several zombies climb down the ladder after them; Emre hallucinates one as still alive. Come morning, Emre leads Aaron toward the city with a trail of shotgun shells. They run into the city in search of augers. As they scavenge, they grouse about Captain America's shield.|
|38||Trapped In The City||Oct 25, 2014||Link|
|Aaron and Emre try fighting their way through the city, but Emre is quickly overwhelmed by zombies and killed. He respawns on the roof of the Ho Motel, leaving Aaron alone in the city. Emre hurries back, complaining that Aaron never has his back, and they continue to scavenge separately. Aaron suffers a minor freakout when a zombie corners him while he's searching a parking garage. Breaking the fourth wall, they both complain about lag, While shotgunning zombie cops and dogs, they ponder whether there could really be an unlimited number of zombies. (They agree to the finite amount of a "metric fuck-ton.") A dog kills Aaron while he's trying to search a car. Aaron respawns atop the Ho Motel. Aaron races back and reclaims his gear. As the sun sinks, Emre wants to retreat, but Aaron insists that they keep searching. Aaron eventually convinces Emre that they should spend the night in the city, giving them time to keep searching until they find the augers and chainsaws they desperately hope to find. As the sun sets, they hole up in a police station for the night. Working in the dark, they fill the stairwell with couch cushions and hide upstairs. They try singing to pass the time while zombies batter at the walls downstairs.|
|39||Forced To Jump||Oct 26, 2014||Link|
| Aaron and Emre pass the night managing their inventory and bickering while worrying about the zombies assailing the walls. Since the zombies know they're there, they decide to break through into side rooms and loot the place, accidentally hitting each other with their picks now and then. In the morning, they notice that the zombies have broken inside and are breaking through the floor. Aaron and Emre decide to break through a window and jump down to the ground to escape, but the building is surrounded. They jump out and desperately fight their way to freedom. In his panic, Emre tells Aaron to go east when he means west, splitting them up. Aaron gets stressed out while fighting zombies and suffers more hallucinations.
They eventually flee the city, frustrated by how little they've found. Aaron heads straight home, while Emre fights his way through a gas station full of zombies to claim a crate of supplies. Emre finds another excellent supply crate on his way home. Spotting another supply drop, Emre heads after that as well, but panics when he sees a massive horde of zombies heading for the Ho Motel. Aaron insists that they must destroy every single deviant zombie in the horde. They make short work of the horde and loot the bodies. Emre heads back into the desert to keep searching, while Aaron returns to the Ho Motel hole to masturbate.
|40||Hammer To The Face||Oct 30, 2014||Link|
|Aaron continues to expand the Ho Motel hole while Emre searches the desert for a supply drop. When Aaron presses him to return to the base and help him mine, Emre complains that he doesn't like mining when it's actual work. Instead, he imagines a section of the base where he can mine just for fun, leading to an argument. Emre proposes that they trap and "adopt" a zombie dog. When Emre returns home, Aaron welcomes him home by hitting him with a hammer. Aaron needles Emre for sex, leading to a long debate over who should get dibs on any women they find in the future. Just before sunset, Emre hurries back up to the roof to grab more supplies. At sunset, Emre turns to go back down, but a zombie horde immediately chases after him. He jumps off the roof, missing the pool. Badly hurt, he manages to run-n-gun his way back into the hole, where Aaron greets him with a nearly fatal hammer to the face. Emre retaliates by shooting Aaron with a shotgun. They spend the night expanding their base and arguing over food. In the morning, they head out again, ready for another supply run in the city.|
|41||Songs in Bee Minor||Nov 2, 2014||Link|
|Outside the Ho Motel, zombies jump Aaron while Emre stands nearby, splinting his leg. Frustrated, Aaron throws a tantrum and declares he won't go to the city. Emre talks him back into it, but they continue to argue over Aaron's attitude and his desire to hit Emre in the face with a hammer. They return to the city and are immediately jumped by enemies, resulting in Aaron and Emre riffing a jazzy song to warn of attacking bees. As they fight their way through the city, they try out new songs inspired by Michael Jackson, Metallica, and country music. Aaron searches an "information center" (police station) while Emre provides a distraction by desperately fighting off bees and zombies outside. Emre leaves to search a parking garage while Aaron moves on to another police station. As he wraps up looting the second station, Aaron happens upon a major prize: a pair of blueberry pies! Aaron shares a pie with Emre, but is aghast when Emre eats it. He was supposed to have sex with it!|
|42||Blueberry Action (Blueberry Intercourse)||Nov 6, 2014||Link|
|Emre is disgusted by Aaron's intention to have sex with a pie. After lusting after a zombie named Mia and fighting off more undead, Aaron and Emre find yet more police stations and split up to search them as the sun sets, despite Emre's misgivings. Emre prepares to hole up in his police station for the night, but Aaron insists on getting home for a date with his pie. Emre convinces Aaron to overnight in the city, but in separate buildings. Emre finds more pies, but declines Aaron's invitation to join him in a "piesome." Aaron challenges Emre, insisting that if Emre is as straight as he claims, he should be able to stand naked in a hot tub, next to Aaron's raging boner, and maybe even getting touched a little, without the slightest temptation. Emre doesn't take the bait. They spend the night looting their camps, despite Emre being bitten by a "floor dog." Come dawn, they each fight their way back to each other, despite Aaron suffering a bout of hallucinations. They go back to looting and killing. Aaron has trouble dealing with a cop and ravioli at the same time. Checking their maps, they spot a section of the city neither of them has explored. While searching a parking garage, Aaron ignores the surrounding zombies until he's completely swarmed, but he narrowly escapes.|
|43||Slapstick Zombedy||Nov 9, 2014||Link|
| Aaron is still sore at Emre for not coming to help him against the zombies. He continues to work his way up the parking garage while Emre scavenges another police station. A zombie comes shambling at Aaron, but the floor suddenly collapses under it, sending Aaron into a riotous fit of laughter. Composing himself he finishes searching the garage, despite the uppermost floor being just as unstable. He runs into more zombies on his way down and tries to lure them over the unstable floor, but they don't fall.
While Aaron fights zombies in the garage and Emre fights zombies in the street, they sing to each other, distracting themselves just enough to get briefly swarmed by zombies. Aaron and Emre finally reach the city limits, having found none of the power tools they came to find. Aaron is jumped by dogs and nearly killed, stanching his bleeding at the last possible moment. Aaron and Emre finally meet up again and search another police station. They realize the hour is growing late and decide to hurry.
As the sun sets, Aaron and Emre start for home. However, when they pause to taunt a zombie, Aaron accidentally shotguns Emre in the head, killing him. Emre respawns beneath the Ho Motel, furious, and orders Aaron to defend his backpack while Emre sprints back. Aaron abandons his mission and hides inside a zombie-infested police station, where he's blinded by darkness. Aaron watches running zombies chase Emre through the streets, but when he breaks a window to jump outside and help, he's instantly jumped by spider zombies. Emre manages to grab his backpack and runs away. Aaron has to shotgun his way past a gang of zombies blocking his escape.
Aaron and Emre run-and-gun for their dear lives. Aaron is distracted by the sight of two supply crates. Emre makes it home, but Aaron stays out in the desert, fighting off zombies as he searches for a crate.
|44||14th Day Disaster||Nov 13, 2014||Link|
| On the morning of Day 14, Aaron makes it home to the Ho Motel. Emre declines to join Aaron in his blueberry pie-orgy. When Emre sees what Aaron is doing, he is so morally repulsed that, ultimately, he declares that he needs some time apart from Aaron to avoid murdering him. In a fast-forward montage, Aaron and Emre spend all day expanding and decorating their sections of the Ho Motel hole.
By sunset, Emre has calmed down and is ready to talk to Aaron again. Emre invites Aaron next door to check out his new quarters. Aaron is confused by Emre's aimless maze of tunnels, however. Aaron then admits Emre into his own room (after insisting on the proper courtesies). As Aaron and Emre check out each other's rooms, they ignore that night has fallen and the sounds of zombies swarming somewhere above them.
In the middle of the night, Emre finally notices the noise and climbs up the ladder to take a peek. Near the top, Emre finally spots the undead and is taken aback. He retreats into the hole. Having not blocked the ladder, Emre's retreat draws the feral horde down after him. Zombies rain down into Aaron and Emre's bas. Emre is killed almost immediately while Aaron hides in his room. When the zombies come for Aaron, he runs into Emre's maze and tries to hide. Emre respawns atop the Ho Motel. Emre tries running back down into the hole, but gets trapped on the ladder. A cop explodes on him, killing him again and destroying the ladder. Emre respawns on the roof again, where he is instantly attacked. Running for his life, he flees into the desert.
At dawn, Aaron emerges from his hiding spot only to discover he's surrounded by zombies. Drawing the zombies' attention, he is overwhelmed and killed. Emre is killed again by a bee. A zombie cop corners Aaron, ending him. Aaron respawns in a distant, snowy wilderness, to his lasting horror.
Emre respawns on the roof again; the zombies have destroyed the ladder, so he has to jump down. He drops his bandages while trying to fight off more undead. Emre desperately clubs the bees and zombies mobbing the hotel while Aaron starts walking home. Eventually, the bees finish Emre off. He respawns on the roof and Aaron reminds him to use the escape pool. While Emre mops up zombies, Aaron informs him that his room has been destroyed, but compliments him on his tunnels. Crossing the wasteland, Aaron finds himself running from a pack of dogs.
|45||Picking up the Pieces||Nov 16, 2014||Link|
| Emre's mood has perked up now that he's found a dropped backpack full of his stuff. Aaron jogs through the wasteland and desert to find supply crates. Emre starts down into the hole to wipe out the zombies, then thinks better of it. When Aaron reaches the Ho Motel, he realizes that his backpack is gone. Aaron shoots down Emre's plan to flood the hole and drown the zombies. Emre realizes that he actually grabbed all of Aaron's stuff. Emre hands over a bunch of Aaron's gear.
After grabbing a supply crate and prepping their gear, Aaron and Emre climb down into their base together. The ladder is missing big chunks, and Aaron goes to work picking off the zombie stragglers. Emre follows him down and recovers his backpack of goodies. Aaron gets confused and is killed by a cop that sneaks up behind him and explodes. Aaron respawns outside, within sight of the Ho Motel. With the base finally clear, Aaron and Emre survey the wreckage. Aaron tries to relieve the tension by hammering Emre, but Emre keeps him at bay with a shotgun. They focus on rebuilding.
Fast-forwarding to Day 16 in a montage finds them still building, with Emre only now climbing up to repair the exit ladder. When Emre climbs back down, a zombie chases after him, repeatedly attacking him while he fumbles and Aaron panics and hides. Emre struggles to fix the ladder while Aaron tries to figure out how to improve their defenses. Frustrated, Aaron decides to build his hot tub instead. Emre decides to build an emergency escape tunnel, and Aaron convinces him to burrow all the way to the city.
As they work, they increasingly wear on each other's nerves. As Emre digs, he enters a vaguely sexual reverie about chocolate, which eventually reminds him that Thanksgiving is coming up. He and Aaron agree that they should prepare a feast. Aaron's plans for the hot tub gross Emre out, but he agrees to maybe use the hot tub if Aaron installs a water filter. Aaron climbs back outside to look for supply crates; Emre quits digging after he wears his shovel down to a nub.
|46||Hot Tub Party||Nov 19, 2014||Link|
| Emre decides to go exploring to the south while Aaron scavenges buildings near the Ho Motel. Emre hopes to find a kitty cat, but Aaron finds cat food instead. Emre finds a supply crate in the desert while Aaron collects water for his hot tub. Emre berates Aaron, promising to kill them both if he catches Aaron having filthy sinful sex in his hot tub. Aaron sighs with acceptance and quietly starts planting explosives in Emre's room. Emre decides to go walkabout, wandering the wilderness overnight before returning home. He and Aaron agree that they need time apart. After lining Emre's home with TNT, Aaron finishes his hot tub.
As Day 16 ends, Aaron goes rabbit hunting and finds a supply crate. Emre enters the woods and fights a gang of zombies. Aaron roots through Emre's chests while Emre clears out a house to stay in overnight. Aaron expresses regret for planting bombs in Emre's home. Aaron preps for his hot tub pie "date" while Emre preps his attic camp. Aaron finally settles into his (unheated) hot tub and lets the stress melt away. Emre plugs his ears as Aaron narrates his "date." Eventually Emre can't take it anymore and jumps off his roof, choosing to drown out Aaron's pie sex by battling the charging zombies and setting off explosions.
|47||Midnight at Death Lake||Nov 21, 2014||Link|
| Emboldened, Emre imagines himself as the gun-toting child of Rambo and Jesus. Aaron continues to plant explosives in Emre's room even as he questions why he's doing it. Outside, Aaron tests out a new sledgehammer on some unlucky zombies, then sets out north to expand their exploration. Aaron enters the desert and finds another supply crate, but a zombie maneuvers him into a cactus.
As they explore separately, Aaron and Emre excitedly discuss their Thanksgiving plans, as well as the meaning of Thanksgiving itself. Aaron chases a pig into the frozen wilderness. Meanwhile, Emre discovers another Ho Motel (which is swarming with zombies) in the woods. Emre ponders making the new hotel his home away from home, and pointedly does not tell Aaron where it is.
While Emre explores the new hotel, Aaron complains that he's on an endless road to nowhere. Aaron has a panic attack and ponders that he may have a phobia of loneliness. Aaron finds a cluster of houses and clears them out. Emre finishes searching the hotel and decides to move on. Aaron finds a house where a pair of dwarves may have once lived. After dithering, Emre decides to abandon his new hotel and instead go on an "Indian vision quest."
As the sun sets, Emre pumps himself up mentally while Aaron blocks himself inside a building. Emre wanders along a dark lake while Aaron spins a tale of his faceless body being found. Emre joins in, their weirdly prophetic story ends only when zombies attack Emre just past midnight. Emre spends the rest of the night running and gunning while Aaron hides from the zombies hunting him. Aaron continues to tease him with grisly tales.
|48||Dynamite Decor||Nov 26, 2014||Link|
| At dawn on Day 19, Emre completes his vision quest, following first a deer and then a Jesus rabbit to safety. Aaron unseals his hiding spot and shoots his way past the zombies infesting his shelter.
As Aaron fights his way past "ice demons" in the frozen wilds, he makes oddly feminine noises. On his own way home, Emre follows a deer into a house and kills it for meat. When a spider zombie startles him, he realizes that one night of vision questing is not enough to banish fear from his mind forever. Emre finishes searching the house and hammering the swarm of zombies that surround him.
Eventually they both head home, scavenging along the way, to get ready for Thanksgiving. A bounty of air drops lead Aaron and Emre in the same basic direction until, against all odds, they wander into each other in the woods. Emre becomes so worried that he's actually spotted a stranger that he fires a warning shot into the distant figure, confirming Aaron's identity by nearly killing him.
As soon as Aaron and Emre are reunited, they spot a massive horde of zombies wandering past them. Emre is totally distracted from the zombies when he wanders up to Aaron and discovers that he looks distorted yet clearly female. Together, they sledge hammer the horde to death, with the only hiccup coming when Aaron accidentally caves in Emre's skull. Emre respawns atop the Ho Motel. Aaron enters a fugue state, passing the blame for killing Emre onto "some woman." Aaron finishes killing the horde while Emre runs back for his backpack. That done, they spend the rest of the day running home to the Ho Motel.
Emre grows increasingly suspicious of the "surprise" Aaron has waiting for him at home. Aaron and Emre finally make it home at sunset. They climb down into the hole. Emre learns how to lock his door, and only then notices the TNT planted around his room. Emre insists he isn't upset, which Aaron can't understand. Emre credits his vision quest with teaching him that clinging to his anger is pointless. They retreat to their rooms to prepare for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast.
|49||Thanksgiving Surprise||Nov 27, 2014||Link|
| Midday on Day 12, Emre is burrowing east, his already-in-progress lecture on Biblical begetting interrupted when he hits dirt near the surface in the city. Aaron excitedly sets the venison to cook before coming to check out his work. Just as Emre breaks through to the surface, however, the final layer of dirt collapses on him, killing him instantly. He respawns on the Ho Hotel roof and races back down.
Aaron focuses on cooking meat, decorating their base, and taking some of Emre's gear while Emre cautiously finishes the tunnel. Emre finds Aaron's hinted plans for Thanksgiving to be disturbingly lewd. Aaron struggles mightily to correctly assemble a bed.
Finally, the time comes and Aaron invites Emre to their meal (and perhaps sex afterward). Emre is slightly more interested now that Aaron is female, but Aaron recoils at his requests for anal sex. Trying again, Aaron shows Emre his expanded quarters and hot tub/drowning pit. They finally sit down to the Thanksgiving feast Aaron has prepared for them. The meal goes relatively well until Emre realizes that Aaron fucked their dessert. After Emre recovers, he shows Aaron to the tunnel leading to the city. When they reach the exit, the Day 21 horde is roaming about. Emre locks Aaron outside alone and laughs as Aaron has to fight for his life.
Emre relents after a bit, letting Aaron back in and insisting he was just joking. Back at the base, Aaron leads Emre to a big bed and tries to seduce him again, but Emre angrily shuts him down. Aaron finally reveals that he's poisoned them both. Emre flees to find medicine, but encounters a horde of zombies in his escape tunnel.
After dealing with the zombies, Emre notices something strange in his tunnel, unearthing a buried door. Entering the door, he discovers a strange passage and chamber that resembles an office. Entering the office, he yells as a strange light flashes over him. When Emre falls silent, Aaron blows up Emre's room to get his attention, then anxiously follows him down the tunnel and into the chamber. He sees Emre standing eerily in the corner. Emre suddenly spins around, revealing that he's been peeing and wasn't paying attention. Panicking, Aaron shotguns Emre in the face and everything goes black.
See also Edit
- 7 Days to Die Season 2 - REMASTERED (YouTube video)
|7 Days to Die|
|Episodes||1 - 23 (season 1) • 24 - 49 (season 2) • 50 - 71 (season 3) • 72 - 83 (season 4) • 84 - 102 (season 5) • 103 - 118 (season 6) • 119 - 139 (season 7) • 140 - 151 (season 8) • 152 - 175 (season 9) • 176 - 229 (season 10) • 230 - present (season 11)|
|Main characters||Aaron • Emre|
|Characters||Bewt T • Bwett • Epsilon One • Graskull • JWM • Kaydalyn • Medhathobo • Metastergo • SP Cakes|
|Minor characters||Bloobs • Grace • Granny Omega • The Jade Grue • Sign|
|Lore||Chaos Beasts • God • The Very Finest Pig|
|Forts||Ho Motel • Pleasure Town|